Saturday, May 05, 2007

Product Review: E.L.F. Plumping Lip Glaze

Brand: E.L.F.
Name: Plumping Lip Glaze
Size: 0.6 oz/ 1.9 g
Price: $1 USD

Colour Tried:
- Baby Doll (Sugar Peppermint scent)

I don't normally use any lip plumping products because I have fairly full lips and also because my lips get irritatedvery easily by many of the ingredients that lip plumpers use. And by irritated, I mean "in severe pain".

I decided to give E.L.F.'s Plumping Lip Glaze a try anyway (hey, it's only $1!). Well, the plumping action was severely disappointing, but the lip gloss half was so good, it made up for the lack of plumping power.

There are 2 parts to the product - the clear glaze, which acts as a base plumper, and the tinted glaze, which adds colour and continues to provide plumping action.

To Purr About:
- product claims to be hypoallergenic and my lips actually didn't react with any irritation to either the clear or tinted glaze
- both glazes are super-light, non-sticky and offer a beautiful high-shine gloss
- light sweet, minty scent, but no weird taste
- my lips felt moisturized and hydrated, even with continued use
- sponge applicator is easy to use and applies glaze smoothly and quickly

Claws Out:
- I did notice a fuller lip immediately after applying the clear glaze, however, the extra plump only lasts about 5 minutes
- because there are 2 glazes in 1, you only get half the product. I didn't use much of the clear glaze since I didn't need care for the "plumping" and finished the tinted glaze half in less than a month

Final Comments:
Although I wouldn't buy this product for its plumping properties, I really like the tinted glaze. I haven't tried all of E.L.F.'s lip products yet, but I'm hoping that they offer a normal lip gloss that's similar in texture and feel so that I can buy that full-size product instead.

Rating (out of 5):




images: eyeslipsface.com productreviewelf

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...