Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Product Review: Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme

Brand: Burt's Bees
Name: Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme
Size: 0.60 oz/17 g
Price: $7.99 CAD

My sister, known on this blog as S.K.Y. recommended this product to me as she knows how much I love the smell of lemons and also how crazy I am about products that make my hands softer. It seems a little pricey at first since it's quite a small tin, but you only need so little of the product at one time that it will take a long time to finish it off.

To Purr About:
- the lemon smell is so intense and so real that sometimes I just sit there, sniffing it to get my fill of that wonderful lemon scent
- does soften cuticles and gives a light polish to nails

Claws Out:

- although it does soften my cuticles in the short term, I'm not sure if it improves the look of the cuticles in the long run
- The product is quite waxy so stays shiny and slightly oily around the fingertips for awhile

Final Comments:
I have fallen in love with this product's smell alone and reach for it whenever I feel the need to rub something into my cuticle area. One little trick that S.K.Y. taught me - at first I was having an insanely hard time trying to get any product from the tin. I rubbed and rubbed my finger across the surface and still only seemed to be able to get a minimal amount of the creme. Then I was told to dig into the product to and take out a tiny chunk. After that it was really easy to get enough product out with one small rub. It's as if there needed to be some space so that the product could move around.

Rating (out of 5):




images: burtsbees.com productreviewburtsbees

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this product sitting in my desk at work, but i don't use it enough to say whether it has good long term affects either! It definitely makes the cuticles all nice for the short term, but i'm very hesitant to say if it really improves them. & it IS a bit greasy. I usually find it ends up rubbing/washing off very quickly.

Either way, i still adore the smell of this product & i'd buy it JUST to smell it.

Suzanne said...

I am always glad to read reviews of the less-toxic products. Burts Bees is my go-to lip balm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...