Brand: Mineral Hygienics
Name: Starter Kit
Price: $59.55 USD
What it says on the website:
The benefits of Mineral Hygienics include:
- chemical free sun protection
- safe for all skin types
- water resistance
- non-Comedogenic, Non-Acnegenic, Anti-inflammatory
- younger looking skin
Your Mineral Hygienics Starter Kit includes:
- 2 shades of Mineral Hygienics SPF Foundation
- Mineral Hygienics mineral enhancer
- Mineral finishing powder
- Flawless Face Mineral Brush
- Full Coverage Kabuki Brush
- Wonder Cover Concealer Brush
- Detailed How-To Guide
Shade Tried: Medium
To Purr About:
- full & mini starter kits are a great way to get started with mineral makeup
- application process takes some getting use to
- is very light and sheer on the skin
- you can choose to put additional layers for more coverage
- finishing powder helps prolong life of makeup
- brushes shed and have a strong synthetic feel and scent
I enjoy using mineral make-up and have been doing so for a few years now so I was excited to try Mineral Hygenics which I haven’t used previously.
I love that Mineral Hygenics has starter kits that come with everything you need to get started making it super easy. (Note: you can also purchase the products separately). As with all other mineral make-up it does take a little bit of time to get used to the application technique to get it just right. Mineral Hygenics comes in little pots which you shake the powder out of. I really like that you can choose to only puncture some of the holes which makes it easier to control the amount of product that comes out.
I found once I got used to the makeup, application was super easy and allows for you to apply a light coat, or additional layers. Blending is also extremely easy and skin ends up looking natural and beautiful. The finishing powder really extends the life of the makeup which is always a bonus.
One of the downsides to mineral makeup that comes in pots is that bringing them on travel and in your purse/bag isn’t the most convenient, so touch-ups aren’t that easy.
I was really disappointed with the quality of the brushes included in the kit. The first time I used the kabuki brush it shed a lot and the smell bothered me so I didn’t use it again. Perhaps I am just sensitive, but I really didn’t enjoy the smell.
Rating (out of 5):
Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten