As many of you know, there are a lot of "box" programs on the market and more seem to be popping up all the time. I can't say that I hate the idea - for a low price price you get to receive a bunch of beauty surprises every month - it's like a special treat for yourself every few weeks.
But what if you're not really a mascara or moisturizer girl (I know, hard to believe) - what if you're a die-hard nail polish girl? And I know you're out there!
Well, you have GOT to check out the Julep Maven program.
Julep is a boutique nail salon with their own line of amazing polishes and hand, nail and foot care products. Their polishes are free of DBP, toluene, formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin and come in some pretty eye-catching colours.
Their Julep Maven program is similar to the other "monthly box" programs on the market, but with a twist - their pretty box is filled with Julep products!
For $19.99 USD a month you'll receive a box specially curated for you. But there's some pretty cool options with this program:
- you can choose to "skip" a month (handy when you go on vacation)
- you can choose to send your box to a friend
- you'll get a sneak peek of your curated box - if you don't like what you see, you can opt for a "shelf pull" of other products.
I received a Julep Maven box to try and loved it. The products come wrapped in a pretty package and this is what I found inside:
- Julep Nail Polish in Nicole,
- Julep Nail Polis in Whitney
- gold star glitter (for nails)
- Julep Age Defying Hand Brightener, 2 ml / 0.07 fl oz
- Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub, 2 ml / 0.07 fl oz
- Julep Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub, 89 ml / 3 fl oz
I LOVE this box. The nail polishes were brilliant and the colours are vibrant - just what you would expect from a high-quality polish. Even though I didn't get to preview my products, the colours were right up my alley - a shiny, deep red for sexy nights out and a more muted beige.
The products I received were definitely a good value - the Facial for Hands is $32 and each nail polish is $14, so $19.99 is a great deal.
If you're a nail polish junkie, then this program is definitely worth it. It's a little pricier than the other box programs, but I love the extra features of this program (being able to gift away your box or "switching out" products).
I know you'll be excited for this! Julep has generously given me one Julep Maven box to give away to one luck winner!
- 1 entry: Check out the Julep website and leave a comment, letting me know what your favourite Julep colour is.
- 1 entry: "Like" the Julep Facebook page
- 1 entry: "Follow" the Julep on Twitter
- The contest is open to Canada and USA only.
- Contest ends Friday, February 17, 2012
- Winner will be contacted via e-mail and announced on this blog shortly after.