Monday, January 02, 2012

Product Review: TRESemmé Fresh Start Smoothing Dry Shampoo

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: TRESemmé
Name: : Fresh Start Smoothing Dry Shampoo
Size: 161 g
Price: approx. $5.49 CAD

What it says on their website:
"Hold on to smooth, salon-silky style even between washes. Rich with Vitamin H and Silk Proteins, the uniquely formulated dry shampoo revives hair; leaving it with a salon-freshness you can see and feel."

To Purr About:
- affordable price
- left hair looking softer and less greasy
- made scalp less itchy
- did not streak or leave any white residue

Claws Out:
- hair still looked a tiny bit greasy at the end of the day
- since it’s a spray, it’s harder to control where product is going
- not convenient for travelling

Final Comments:
It seems like the latest hair product to hit the shelves are dry shampoos – either a hair spray or powder that you apply to your less than clean hair to give it a quick refresh without having to wash it. I think this product would be perfect to help wean me off of washing my hair every day, which I know isn’t the best thing to do.

There were a lot of products to choose from, but one choose this 1 because it was cheap. I figured for my first foray in to using dry shampoos I’d go the economical route in case I didn’t end up using it as much as I planned.

The first time I used TRESemme’s Fresh Start Dry Shampoo I hadn’t washed my hair for 3 days (washed on Thursday and now it’s Sunday). It’s a bit tricky to get used to because I haven’t used a aerosol spray type product in my hair in a long time, so I just had to be careful not to get product in my eyes. I followed the directions (I’ve heard that if you don’t follow them, it may leave white streaks in your hair) after brushing my hair I saw an immediate difference. My hair looked instantly less greasy and softer (less stringy). It was much softer to the touch too and felt a bit cleaner!

I didn`t find the product streaked in my black hair (again, make sure you follow the directions).

I think this product is quite effective for the price. I don’t know if I’d use it multiple times/days in a row, but if you know you`re going to wash your hair after afterwards, it`s a good way to make your hair look and feel better until you can get to washing it.

I only wish this product wasn’t aerosol or came in a smaller bottle to make it convenient for travelling.

Rating (out of 5):






Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

2 comments:

The Beauty and The Business said...

I didn't have the luck you did with this product. It made my hair greasier and gave it an almost sticky texture, like it was hard to run my hands through my hair. I have oscar blandi dry shampoo spray and never really ever had this problem, but I'm on the hunt for a cheaper alternative.

Unknown said...

Crackle nail polish
When your body does not produce enough sebum or if you have curly hair, the sebum may not moisturize sufficiently. Not enough sebum means your hair will lose its elasticity, become dull, break and split easier. I really appreciate the research you put into it…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...