Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Name: Jouer Mini Glisten Up Lip Gloss
Size: 0.06 fl oz / 20 ml
Price: $25 USD for gift set
Shade tried: Glisten
Where to buy: Henri Bendel (in New York City) and www.jouercosmetics.com
What it says in the press release:
This 4-piece collection offers brilliant sparkling shine and is loaded with Vitamins A, C and E, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil and Pomegranate Seed Oil. The glosses also come with a Jouer bronzed card holder for a limited time only.
- Nude Glisten: sheer sparkling nude
- Coral Glisten: sheer sparkling coral
- Rose Glisten: sheer sparkling rose
- Glisten: sheer sparkling pink
Note: I got to try out the gloss Glisten from the gift set, so my review is based solely on my experience with this shade
To Purr About:
- slanted sponge applicator is really easy to use and apply the gloss
- gloss leaves a nice "glisten" on the lips
- not sticky
- no detectable fragrance
- tiny packaging makes it nice and easy to tuck into the smallest purse
- wish they sold these minis year-round (you can buy full-size versions for $20 USD on their website)
- Glisten is supposed to be a "sheer sparkling pink" but didn't leave me any colour that I could see
This is a great little lip gloss - it's sheer, fragrance-free, flavour-free, non-sticky and leaves a nice glisten on lips. It's pretty moisturizing, although it doesn't have much lasting power (but then again, most lip glosses don't).
If you're looking for a super-shine, this isn't the gloss you want. Instead, this leaves a really nice glisten (goes with the name, I guess!) on your lips that's quite nice.
I love the tiny size - I can pop this little gloss into my pocket or the smallest of purses with room to spare. I just wish they sold this size year-round instead of having to buy it in the four-pack holiday gift set!
The only thing I can't really comment too much on is the colour. I tried the one that's supposed to be "sheer sparkling pink" but until I read the release again, I assumed this was just a sheer gloss. There's no "pink" that I can see. I know that my lips are generally darker than others, so perhaps the pink got lost, but even when I swiped the gloss onto a white sheet of paper, I didn't see much pink on it. I guess to get some actual colour, you would have to go for one of the darker shades.
Rating (out of 5):
Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten