Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Product Review: Rimmel Glam’Eyes Mascara

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Rimmel
Name: : Glam’Eyes Mascara
Size: 0.27 fl. oz. / 8 mL
Price: approx. $9 CAD

Shade: 003 Extreme Black

From their website: “Seductive Volume. Turn heads. New VolumFlex Brush styles lashes for sensational volume and instant separation. Ultra supple elasto-bristles groom each lash, lacquering them from root to tip for a spectacular 7 x more lash intensity. Big Lash Seduction. High Definition. Maximum lash impact. Impeccable definition. Smoothing formula glides through lashes, wrapping each one for ultimate volume yet perfect separation. Lashes look dramatically amplified yet sleekly defined - even up close and personal.”

To Purr About:
- brush is very defined
- bottle removes excess mascara from brush well so there isn’t that much extra gunk
- competitive price

Claws Out:
- makes my lashes very hard and crispy
- didn’t add any more volume to my lashes than the other mascaras I’ve tried
- dries out very quickly (in a few weeks)
- mascara still clumped on my lashes

Final Comments:
I’m definitely no pro when it comes to mascara as I only use it on very special occasions, but I’m always tempted when I see all the mascara commercials. When I recently had to go to a themed costume party during the holidays I decided to give a new mascara a try to add to the affect.

I’ve had really great experiences with Rimmel’s products, so I had pretty high hopes for their Glam’Eyes mascara. I really liked the brush. It was very defined and with a silicone type brush seemed to not have too much excess mascara on it. Also the bottle opening was so tight that it removed any excess very well.

Unfortunately I wasn’t too impressed with the result. It had a very odd texture and made my lashes very crispy and brittle feeling which didn’t bode well for the curling process. Also it didn’t seem to add any major volume to my lashes. My other major complaint is that it dried out in a few weeks meaning I used it about twice and then had to toss it out.

I don’t think I’ll be trying this product again. I still love Rimmel and use their products daily (like their blush), but won't be using Glam’Eyes again.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: rimmellondon.com

1 comment:

Justine (Productrater) said...

I've reviewed this too in one of my mascara money posts, I found it very drying and the application weird.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...