Monday, June 09, 2008

Product Review: Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Oil Foot Wipes

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Earth Therapeutics
Name: Tea Tree Oil Foot Wipes
Size: 15 sheets
Price: approx. $5.99 USD

Refreshing and cooling, these foot wipes are said to be specially formulated with tea tree oil and natural mint to clean and revive tired, overworked feet. Sized for convenience and portability in a resealable pouch, these wipes can be used anytime, anywhere to bring a spring to your step.

Although most people would find this an odd product at first glance, I immediately thought of my trip to London, England. I was there a couple of years ago in the middle of an extremely bad heat wave and I spent my week exploring the city in flip-flops. I love, love, LOVE London, but there's something in the air that can't only be described as "grimy". And in that heat, my feet were almost black on the soles by the end of the day (yuck!) So these foot wipes would definitely have come in VERY handy!

So to put these to the test, I used them yesterday. It was Toronto's first hot day of the year (nearly 37 degrees Celcius with the humidity) and I spent 5 hours playing 18 rounds of golf, so my feet were sweaty and sticky and HOT. I used these wipes and then slipped my feet into ballet slipper shoes.

To Purr About:
- resealable pouch is very convenient and handy, it's just like a packet of tissue
- light tea tree/mint scent is pleasant
- instantly cooled my feet down and got rid of all the sweat
- after a quick wipe-down my feet were ready to go
- although the wipe is wet, feet dried quickly and there was no wait time

Claws Out:
- pouch is a little big to tuck into a purse unless you're carrying a large tote around
- some people may find the scent a little "off" - it's not quite minty, slightly medicinal

Final Comments:
These little wipes were really great. After a day of sweating it out in the sun, wearing socks and golf shoes, a quick wipe with these little sheets cleaned, cooled and did "renew" my feet instantly. I was able to slip into sandals right away and didn't feel at all like I had been in sweaty socks a few minutes before.

You can check out the Tea Tree Oil Foot Wipes and other Earth Therapeutics products (and order online) at their web site: http://www.earththerapeutics.net/.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: Earth Therapeutics web site

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those would be great for camping!

Anonymous said...

I actually carry around the Dollarama brand baby wipes with me, in ziplock bags during the summer. I really get grossed out when I see heels that have been blackened from walking all over Toronto with their flipflops (me included). This is a nicer, more spa like version of my cheapy version!
Thanks for sharing^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...