Friday, March 28, 2008

Product Review: Blue Silk Nutritive Perfection Creme

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Blue Silk
Name: Nutritive Perfection Creme
Size: 1.75 oz
Price: $32 USD

Although I'm pretty happy with my facial moisturizers, I'm always willing to try something new, as the "ideal" facial cream may be just around the corner (I'm still on a high from my recent discovery of the Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil for my body)

So, when I received a sample of the Blue Silk Nutritive Perfection Creme, I was happy to replace my normal facial moisturizer with this one for a few weeks.

The creme promises that "skin [is] quenched instantly upon contact as any sensation of dryness vanishes, lines and wrinkles ease up almost magically and your face is caressed with an aura of impeccable cleanliness, comfort and healing protection from the elements. In the brief moment it takes for your skin to literally consume this concentrated infusion of live nutrition, notice the distinct rosy color of restored health rise from within."

To Purr About:
- cream is extremely light and fast absorbing
- there is no greasy after-feel once cream is absorbed
- skin looks smoother and is significantly hydrated after a few days of use
- skin doesn't look oily after use

Claws Out:
- it's not fragranced, but there is a really odd smell to the cream that lingers after application - almost a rubbery/crayon-y smell that really bothered me

Final Comments:
I do like this cream and what it does for my skin. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin soft, smooth and it actually looks healthier. However, the smell, which may not bother some people, really bothered me and is definitely the factor that put me off this cream.

If you'd like to try this cream out for yourself, go to www.bluesilk.net

Rating (out of 5):





If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: bluesilk.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently tried Aveeno's body moisturizer too & it's absolutely amazing. It pains me to spend so much on body lotion (it is much more expensive than other moisturizers i've used in the past), but nothing i've used has compared to this 1. I put it on in the evenings & in the morning I wake up & it feels like i just moisturized!

Anonymous said...

Love this product! Totally can't live without it now! Thanks for getting me hooked you bum! =P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...