Saturday, December 22, 2007

Product Review: SpaSensials Hand & Foot Treatment System

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: SpaSensials
Name: Hand & Foot Treatment System
Approx. Price: $11.99 USD

I recently received a sample of SpaSensials Hand & Foot Treatment System to try and was pretty excited about it because I love the idea that I can wear something for a few minutes and end up with super-soft hands and feet.

I already own a pair of "silicone socks" that are reusable (or at least until the inner silicone lining wears out) but SpaSensials are a one-use product that have an inner lining of moisturizer.

SpaSensials socks and gloves are made of a proprietary, stretchy material that's infused with aloe, jojoba and vitamins A, B5 and E, and are "clinically proven to soothe and deeply moisturize dry, cracked skin."

To use these gloves/socks, you put them on for 10-15 minutes and after removing them, you rub any remaining moisturizer into your skin.

To Purr About:
- light scent (Mandarin Ginger Flower) is really nice
- the outside material stays completely dry, thanks to a plastic lining so you can actually do other things (I surfed the internet)
- after removing the socks/gloves, there was only a thin layer of moisturizer remaining on my skin, which was easily rubbed in
- the moisturizer is quickly absorbed by the skin
- I noticed an immediate softening effect around my cuticles and on my heels
- the socks were small enough that I could actually walk around (I have tiny feet)

Claws Out:

- because the socks are smaller, they may not fit people with larger feet (although it's supposed to be one-size-fits-all)
- the scent may not be for everyone, as I know some people prefer fragrance-free products
- because this is a one-time use product, there is a lot of "stuff" thrown out

Final Comments:
Although there are some concerns about the size, the fragrance, and the damage to the environment this can cause (well, only if you use this product a lot), I really have to say that this product did provide me with softer hands and feet after use. I personally liked the scent, and the sock size worked for me (the gloves were a little large). It's a small way to pamper yourself (or someone you care about) and would make a nice little treat once in a while.

You can also buy the socks and gloves separately. Currently, these are available through Amazon.com and Ulta.com (hey, when is it coming to Canada???)

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: spasensials.com and M80

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone reaps what they sow!!! Even You Kitty

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, what does that comment mean?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...