Saturday, August 11, 2007

Back from my mini holiday!

Ok, I was pretty good with my spending on my jaunt over the border to the US. I bought a lot of clothes and not so much in the beauty area, so the beauty haul report is pretty slim.

I did hit a few beauty stores, including Bath & Body Works, Sephora, Target, and a bunch I can't remember right now, but I behaved...plus the pennies I saved were well worth it when my amazing hubby bought me a baby blue Burberry purse that I've been lusting after forever!!!

Anyhow, I did manage to pick up a few things:

From Sephora:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer To Go in Color Adjust, 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml - $16.50 USD
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, 0.93 fl oz / 27.5 ml - $36 USD
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo, 2.5 oz - $19 USD

I debated for several minutes over whether to try Benefit's That Gal, but I've heard so many amazing things about the Smashbox primer that I went with that one instead.

From Target:
- Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer in Pearl Sheen, 0.2 fl oz / 5.9 ml - $5.84 USD
- E.L.F. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Ruby Slipper, 0.06 fl oz / 1.8 ml - $1 USD

Of course, I went over to the Boots section at Target and stared for several seconds at the empty No7 Restore and Renew shelf, hoping the shelf would be restocked magically, but it didn't happen. Oh well - maybe next time!

Anyhow, hope everyone had a great couple of days! Watch for product reviews on these purchases soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dry shampoo looks interesting - would be great for camping & travelling...can't wait to hear how it compares to the Cake refreshing powder you reviewed before.

Anonymous said...

Target sells e.l.f. products??

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Yes, isn't it great? Target (in the US) carries E.L.F. and it's still only $1 for each product! They had a complete section in the makeup aisle and had a lot of the products you find on the ELF site. Unfortunately, the eyeshadow colour I use was sold out, but they did carry a lot of the lip products, the empty compact and the refills.

Plus you don't have to pay any delivery charge so it's an even better steal!

Anonymous said...

WoW-that's great information to know. Thanks for the lead!

Please let us know how the refreshing powder is. Sounds VERY promising.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Besides Target, I've also seen ads for ELF products at KMart. Lucky Americans! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...