Saturday, June 30, 2007

Natural SkinCare Podcast with Whole Foods

With 195 stores in North America and the United Kingdom, Whole Foods Market is dedicated to being a leading retailer of natural and organic foods. Having recently made a very conscious effort to eat healthier and read food labels more carefully, I was surprised to learn of some other great things that Whole Foods is doing.

Whole Foods has devoted a large section of their website to Whole Body. What's Whole Body about? Well, their website says that:

"We believe that the quality of body care products and wellness supplements is as important as the quality of food. So every one of our stores includes a Whole Body department and — just as for our food — all our thousands of health and beauty products must meet stringent standards before we let them in."

I loved browsing this section and learning so much about taking better care of myself. But one item that was of special interest to me was their podcast. Each month, leading experts discuss topics concerning taking better care of your body, starting from the inside!

As any beauty junkie worth her weight in moisturizers knows - beauty starts from the inside! But your internal beauty regime should consist of more than just drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Taking better care of what you eat definitely affect the health of your skin and hair, which in turn, affects the products you need to use.

Especially relevant - this month the Whole Foods Market podcast focuses on Natural Skin Care.

The first few minutes of the podcast already caught my attention - the skin absorbs anything that we put on it and the average consumer uses 7 different skin care products every day, which means *gulp* our bodies have just absorbed a myriad of ingredients in just 24 hours?! Time to read those labels more carefully!

I found this podcast really informative..at least it definitely made me think twice before grabbing any old moisturizer (okay, okay, I would never grab "any old moisturizer" but you know what I mean).

Just listening to the podcast, I've learned a lot of tips on how to take more care in looking into the ingredients of the products I'm using. Check out the podcast yourself by clicking here.

This podcast is definitely going on my list of things "to do" every month. I hope you'll join me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how people drink 8 glasses of water a day - I just can't drink that much. I think that if i did I would be spending my day in the bathroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...