Thursday, May 24, 2007

Product Review: Rimmel Underground Sweet Stuff Lipstick

Brand: Rimmel Underground
Name: Sweet Stuff Lipstick
Size: 0.09 oz/2.5 g
Price: $7.99 CAD

Colours Tried:
- Guilty
- Bite

I recently discovered a new Rimmel line called Rimmel Underground. Reminiscent of Hard Candy or Urban Decay, this line is all about the dark colours and shiny products.

After I tried their Loud Mouth Lip Gloss (a product review will be coming soon!), I decided to try the Sweet Stuff Lipstick as an alternative to the Loud Mouth product, which comes in a tiny pot.

I had a really hard time deciding on a colour, as many of the colours are similar and so it was hard to pick one that I'd be happy with. So in the end, I ended up with two, one light and one darker colour.

To Purr About:
- this lipstick advertises that it has a sweet smell and it actually has the most wonderful strawberry smell and a sweet taste
- the product is light and smooth and glides onto the lips
- very high shine
- sleek black lipstick tube with cool silver logo

Claws Out:

- I had a tough time deciding on the colour to buy and a large part of that was because the shades are really similar so although it was fun to try and choose one, it's not because there's a huge variety of colour. However, this line is really new, so it may expand to more colours
- although it's supposed to be a "sheer" colour, the end colour is quite vibrant so may be more pink than how it looks
- I would have liked to have been able to buy a sheet, natural colour. There's a Bare shade that I saw online, but I haven't been able to find it in-stores yet.

Final Comments:
Currently I've only been able to find this product in one PharmaPlus by my work, so haven't been able to price shop. I'm hoping to find it in other locations/stores soon. It's not even on the Rimmel website, so it's a little weird. Although some of the other products in the line are a little too risque for me (the colours are quite bold and sparkly) it may be a fun line to experiment with and have some fun without spending too much money.

I LOVE this lipstick - the colours, the feel and especially the smell is amazing. So far I've tried two products in the Rimmel Underground line and really like them both. I'll definitely be trying other products in this brand soon!

Rating (out of 5):





images: ulta.com productreviewrimmel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...