Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Product Review: Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Dr. Bronner’s
Name: Peppermint Liquid Soap
Size: 16 oz
Price: $15.95 CAD

What it says on their website:
Our most popular fragrance. The peppermint essential oil tingles the body and clears the mind. Because therapeutically peppermint oil is a mild stimulant it increases vitality and clarity. All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program. Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.

What it says on the bottle:
INGREDIENTS: Water, Organic Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Organic Olive Oil, Mentha Arvensis, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Peppermint Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol


To Purr About:
- relaxing peppermint scent
- leaves skin feeling clean, refreshed, and tingly (due to peppermint)
- lathers up quite well
- doesn’t irritate my super sensitive skin
- multi-purpose: in addition to being used as body and hand soap, it can be used for laundry, general cleaning, toothbrushing, shampoo, after-shave, body rub, etc.
- comes in 7 wonderful scents as well as unscented
- comes in bar version
- completely biodegradable & vegetable based
- made with certified fair trade and organic oils

Claws Out:
- is a bit expensive
- wasn’t moisturizing enough for winter weather

Final Comments:
When my friends first mentioned Dr. Bronner's soap I didn’t pay too much attention. At first glance it seemed too expensive and I'm not a stickler for using natural products so there didn't seem to be a big draw for me. But my interest was piqued as I learned more about the product. It was suggested that I might want to try it because my skin is so sensitive. With winter coming up I wanted to avoid the skin issues I went through in previous years. The final straw was when I found out it could be used for multiple purposes – I was sold.

A few weeks later I happen to come across Dr. Bronner's on sale so I grabbed a bottle. I chose the peppermint one because it's one of my favorite scents and I know for sure that I am not allergic to it.

I used the soap oil as a body wash for a couple of months and really enjoyed it. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean and a bit tingly due to the peppermint and I love it. It lathers up quite well considering how thin the consistency is (not thick like most body washes). That being said, with the colder weather's arrival I had to switch back to a more moisturizing body wash. Dr. Bronner's could not keep my dry itchy skin away and I started suffering from insane itchiness.

I think I will probably try using this product again when the warmer weather returns and when my skin isn't so dry and itchy (and for relaxing baths) as I love that the ingredients are organic and mostly natural.

I haven't used it for any other purpose (like washing clothes or my hair), but it’s nice to know I can if I ever need to.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Confessions of a Beautyholic said...

I love that you can wash multiple things with it! And that it's organic and natural! I am always looking for more natural products!

Herryponting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...