Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Product Review: Infiniti Pro by Conair Volume Boost 1875-Watt AC Motor 2-in-1 Styling Tool

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Conair
Name: Infiniti Pro Volume Boost 2-in-1 Styling Tool
Price: approx. $39.99 USD

Where to buy:
mass market and drug store retailers and www.conairdryer.com

What it says in the press release:
This quiet, lightweight AC motor dryer lifts your hair for fullness and volume with the innovative volumizing attachment. It features an AC motor typically favored by professional stylists to provide a powerful air velocity for faster drying and up to a 3X longer life span as compared to typical (DC motor) consumer hair dryers. It utilizes ionic ceramic technology that controls frizz and promotes healthy, shiny looking hair. Additional features include:
- 3-heat/2-speed rotary switches
- True cold shot button
- Removable filter to prevent lint build-up and further extend the life of the motor


To Purr About:
- smaller than my normal hair dryer, making it easier to manage
- has 2 speed settings and 3 temperature settings so you have lots of combinations to work with
- the volumizing attachment is easy to use and much nicer than having to wield a hairbrush and dryer at the same time to try to get some volume in my hair
- attachments are easy to attach and remove
- removable filter is something new for me and makes cleaning the dryer (something I rarely EVER do) really easy
- has ionic ceramic technology which I use a lot because my hair gets really frizzy and static-y in the winter

Claws Out:
- none really

Final Comments:
Ok, first off, let me say that I'm not that picky about my hair dryers. I've been using the same one for years. I have really thick hair so I like to have a powerful one to really make hair-drying as fast as possible (I HATE drying my hair). The current one I use only has two settings (one is warm air and one is hot air) and does have ion ceramic technology. It may have come with attacments, but it's been so long I can't remember and if it did have attachments, I've obviously lost them a while ago.

So I was excited to try this new hair dryer, if only for the multiple settings. The toggle switches give you high and low speed settings and cool, warm and hot temperature settings. I really like the cool air option as I tend to switch back and forth between hot and cool so that I don't damage my hair too much with the heat.

The attachments were easy to use and the volumizer definitely made my life easier. With my old hair dryer, I had to have a big round brush in one hand and my dryer in the other, but the volumizing attachment gave my hair some lift without the use of the brush.

Since I haven't bought a dryer in a while, I'm not sure if the price is too high. I'm assuming that most people are like me and don't replace their dryers too often, so $40 doesn't seem like a lot to spend on a dryer that will last a long time.

Rating (out of 5):



Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: press release

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...