Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Name: Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush
Size: 5.6 g / 0.20 oz
Price: approx. $33.00 CAD
Shade Tried: Natural Beauty
Where to buy: Sephora, tartecosmetics.cm
This was my second purchase in June for my $50 spend and I was excited to try a new blush (lately I've been using the super-popular NARS Orgasm) and who can resist anything that promises to last 12 hours.
Product description (from Sephora.com and tartecosmetics.com): "Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours.
The soft blush is great for all skin types:
- Oily skin: Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place
- Dry skin: Amazonian clay hydrates skin naturally to restore moisture so your blush wears better & longer
- Dull skin: Amazonian clay improves the appearance of skin clarity and skin texture
- Combination skin: Amazonian clay is completely intuitive; gives skin an overall smooth & even appearance
Doesn't have mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, synthetic fragrance.
To Purr About:
- love the compact and embossed blush
- very vibrant colours
- blends effortlessly
- lasts a long time
- the shade I bought (Natural Beauty) is so vibrant that a little goes a very long way
- not sure if it really lasts 12 hours
I was very excited to try this blush, although I had a very difficult time picking a shade (there are 8 lovely shades). I finally settled on Natural Beauty because it looked like a nice deep flush and reminded me of my current blush (NARS Orgasm).
My first attempt in using this blush was a bit of a disaster because I wasn't expecting how intense the colour would be and used too much. But after removing the blush and trying again, I had much better luck. Now, after a few weeks of using it I'm much better at taking the right amount of blush with my brush.
This blush has really vibrant colour and a little goes a long way. The blush lasts quite long (although mine hasn't lasted 12 hours yet) and it goes on very easily and blends really well.
I love this blush and I love the compact it comes in - it's very pretty and contains a nice large mirror.
Even though I don't think that it really can last 12 hours, I still love this blush and think it's definitely worth the money!
Rating (out of 5):
Disclosure: This product was purchased Cinnamon Kitten