Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Product Review: Secret Natural Mineral

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Secret
Name: Natural Mineral
Size: 45 g
Price: approx. $5 CAD

Scent Tried: lemongrass mint

From Secret’s website:
- Naturally derived odor protection
- Neutralizes odor instead of masking it
- Available in fresh, clean scents or unscented

To Purr About:
- derived from natural ingredients
- available in 3 scents (lemongrass mint, eucalyptus blossom, unscented)
- nice fresh scent
- neutralized odor well
- kept underarm area dry
- goes on clear

Claws Out:
- flakey at the end of more intense days
- not 100% natural

Final Comments:
Seems like everyone is moving towards the natural ingredients lately, so it was only a matter of time until our deodorants and antiperspirants headed that way.

I’m a huge fan of Secret and have used it for many years, so I was excited to try their new naturally derived products. Although they advertise a naturally derived product the ingredient list definitely does not seem “natural” as I can’t seem to pronounce or recognize most of them. I guess it would be expecting too much to be completely natural.

That aside, the weather is finally hot and humid here and I figured it was a great time to put this product to the test. That aside, the first thing I noticed about this product when I opened it is the subtle fresh scent which was very appealing to me. The first day I wore it all day at work and also during an intense workout.

It definitely seemed to neutralize odor (no smelly armpits here) and kept the area nice and dry which is quite impressive. The only bad part is that I noticed it looked very flaky on my armpits (see the picture of some of the flakes on my finger tips that I gently rubbed off).


The flaking only happened after intense workouts and didn’t seem to occur on more routine days when I just went to work and ran errands. Since I usually shower after intense workouts I don’t mind the flaking and think it’s a small price to pay for moving towards a more “natural” product.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: secret.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...