Thursday, June 02, 2011

Product Review: Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Burt's Bees
Name: : Beeswax Lip Balm
Size: 8.5 g / 0.3 oz
Price: approx. $5.49 CAD

From their website: "Give your lips the soothing feeling they deserve. This natural lip balm is loaded with coconut and sunflower oils, rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, to nourish, condition and soften lips. Beeswax seals in hydration. We've even added peppermint oil for a refreshing tingle. No wonder it is our most popular product."

Featured Ingredient:
Beeswax — A natural wax made by bees in the cell walls of honeycombs, this substance is a natural emulsifier used in cosmetics.

To Purr About:
- very light on lips
- non-greasy
- definitely helped soothe my dry lips
- you get a lot of balm for your money
- a little goes a long way
- long lasting

Claws Out:
- hate using my fingers to get the balm out of the tin
- very solid balm is a little hard to use
- menthol tingle is nice but can be a little strong for damaged lips

Final Comments:
I love the natural ingredients of Burts Bees and can see why their lip balm is so popular. A little goes a long way and it really does make my lips feel instantly better. It's not greasy or oily and lasts quite a long time after application.

I'm not a huge fan of the peppermint oil that they added. The scent is ok, but the tingle that it adds - it's fine if my lips are healthy, but I often want to use this lip balm when my lips are dry and chapped and the peppermint tingle is more irritating than soothing.

My other problem with this lip balm is the tin packaging. Although I love tins packaging in general, most of my regular readers know how much I hate having to use my fingers to apply lip balm, especially when I'm not at home and can't wash my hands. Plus, because this is quite a solid lip balm, it takes quite a bit of rubbing to get enough product on your finger to cover your lips.

I still gave this lip balm a pretty high rating because it just works so darn well that I can almost overlook the peppermint tingle and finger mess.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: Cinnamon KItten

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...