Monday, April 11, 2011

Product Review: Olay Total Effects Moisturizer Plus Cooling Hydration

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Olay
Name: Total Effects Moisturizer Plus Cooling Hydration
Size: 50 mL / 1.7 fl. oz.
Price: $28.99 CAD

From the Olay website: "Hydrate, to fight the signs of aging and refresh skin with a lightweight and oil-free daily moisturizer that contains a hint of mint extract for invigorating freshness.

- Moisturizes skin
- Contains vitamins, minerals and cooling mint extract for a fresh feeling
- Fights 7 signs of aging"

The 7 anti-aging benefits listed on the box are:
- line minizmization
- cooling moisturization
- energizes appearance
- gentle exfoliation
- pore refinement
- with antioxidants
- subtle firming

To Purr About:
- very light feeling – not tacky at all
- moisturizing
- glides on to skin easily
- absorbs quickly into the skin
- very subtle scent
- very gentle on skin
- seems to help keep wrinkles away

Claws Out:
- no SPF
- didn’t really make my skin look energized or feel firmed up
- might not be good for people with acne prone skin

Final Comments:
Every so often when my wrinkles start coming back I start to look for new products to help me fight against them. I’ve been using a lot of Olay products lately and decided to give their Total Effects Moisturizer a try.

I am using Olay’s Total Effects moisturizer in the mornings and in the evenings before I head to bed. It is very gentle and light feeling and works very well as a moisturizer even in dry winter conditions. I really liked how it absorbed quickly in to my skin and worked well under my makeup. It might be a bit heavy in the summer or for people with oily skin, but since I have dry skin it seems to work great for me.

I did notice that my furrow line/wrinkle has stayed away during the use of this product. Currently I am using an Olay cleanser/scrub face wash and a serum before bed, so I cannot say for sure this product is making my wrinkle disappear, but I think it is definitely playing a part in it.

I didn’t notice any major changes in my skin appearance for the better, like pore minimization or being “brighter” or more energized, but other than that and the fact that it doesn’t have SPF it is a great moisturizer.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: olay.ca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...