Friday, February 18, 2011

Product Review: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Herbal Essences
Name: : Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner
Size: 300 ml
Price: approx. $7 CAD each

Part of the new Herbal Essences line, the Hello Hydration pair promises to "deeply condition hair with essential moisturizers to help leave hair vibrant looking, silky and manageable."

This pair is infused with extracts of Hawaiian coconut and orchid.

To Purr About:
- I LOVE the scent of light coconut and orchi - very tropical
- shampoo left my hair squeaky clean, but it didn't feel like it was stripped
- conditioner left my hair very soft
- hair styled easily after drying
- bottles are designed so that they have flat bottoms at both ends - great for standing the bottles up so that all the product goes to one end

Claws Out:
- none really

Final Comments:
Let's start this off by saying that I'm NOT a fan of the Herbal Essences commercials - the ones where the women have fantasies of being actresses or rock stars and ends with the tag line "Someone's been doing the herbal". I just found it kind of silly.

But I used to use Herbal Essences so was definitely game on giving the new line a try. I chose Hello Hydration because winter definitely leaves my hair drier than normal and I was hoping this shampoo/conditioner combination would give me some added hydration.

First off, I LOVE the scent of this shampoo. It's a light coconut, mixed with orchid, and it's a very tropical without being too sweet.

The shampoo left my hair feeling very clean, almost squeaky clean, but without feeling like it had been stripped. The conditioner afterwards made my hair feel very moisturized and hydrated. After drying, my hair felt really soft and was easily styled.

The best part was the next day after I first used the shampoo/conditioner, it was really windy and I kept getting whiffs of the tropical coconut smell - a lovely, uplifiting scent on a cold, wintery day. :)

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: well.ca

3 comments:

Justine (Productrater) said...

I'm gonna be totally honest, I hate all herbal essences haircare.. they smell great but dry out my hair severely, in the long-term they do more damage than good.

Unknown said...

I haven't used this brand in years, but must admit that your description of its scent sounds very appealing!

Anonymous said...

I agree iwth you, their commercials are pretty sillly, but Herbal Essences is definitely easy on the wallet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...