Thursday, January 13, 2011

Product Review: Blistex Silk & Shine

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Blistex
Name: : Silk & Shine
Size: 3.69 g
Price: approx. $4.49 CAD

From their website: "Silk & Shine’s unique silk and vitamin formula makes lips feel satiny smooth and enhances their natural appearance with a light glossy shine.

Silk & Shine feels satiny soft going on and leaves your lips feeling that way. Silk extracts, special moisturizers and vitamin A, B5, and E help create a silky texture that makes lip surfaces smooth and supple. It feels great.

Silk & Shine imparts a touch of sheer gloss to the lips for a healthy, finished appearance. Your lips will look as good as they feel.”

To Purr About:
- provides SPF15 protection
- provides a nice glossy shine to my lips
- glides on easily and feels very silky
- makes lips feel moisturized
- doesn’t irritate my super sensitive lips

Claws Out:
- doesn’t last super long

Final Comments:
Ever since I got back from vacation and away from the humid hot weather my lips have been chapped and feeling quite gross. Since I was running low on lip balm, I decided to pick up a new one I’ve never tried since the Body Shop’s Lip Butter (which I love) is so hard to find in stock and is a bit pricey. I’ve used Blistex lip balms before, but found they weren’t moisturizing enough, so I was intrigued when I saw they had a line of more specialized lip balms and figured I’d give their lip balms another try.

I never really cared about my lip products having SPF until the last couple of years. My lips especially are quite sensitive so the last thing I need are sunburnt lips. So I love that this product has SPF15. Another pro of this product is that it doesn’t irritate my super sensitive lips. Very few lip products have passed this requirement, so when I find another product that I can use I am very happy.

Blistex`s Silk & Shine feels really great on my lips. It glides on effortlessly and makes my lips feel super silky. Not only that but it gives my lips a nice looking shine. My only complaint is that it`s not longer lasting.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus

image: blistex.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...