Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Name: : Stay Glossy Lip Gloss
Size: 0.18 fl oz / 5.5 ml
Price: approx. $8 CAD
Shade Tried: 480 Black Diva
Rimmel's Stay Glossy lip glosses features "advanced Shine Extend technology for up to 6 hours of fabulously polished perfection. Its lip-loving formula pampers lips with a caring complex of cotton and silk for increased lips moisturisation. The innovative Soft Extend applicator is designed for ultimate speed and accuracy, defining your dream lips in a flash." (from the well.ca site)
To Purr About:
- really soft applicator that's slightly flattened is very easy to use and applied gloss smoothly
- although the applicator is quite small and thin, it holds a lot of gloss for one easy application (without the need to keep getting more product from the tube)
- slightly indented lid is comfortable to hold, adding to application ease
- light pleasant fragrance
- gloss is very light on lips - not sticky
- the gloss is a little thin so when applying it gets pushed around on the lips by the applicator, making it difficult to build up colour
- it was nearly impossible to completely cover my lips with the black gloss as every time I tried to fix one area, I pushed the gloss around and uncovered other areas
Since I got this gloss as a sample, I wasn't able to choose the shade and I definitely wouldn't have chosen Black Diva. At first, I was excited to get a black lip product because Halloween was coming up and I had never tried black on my lips before. Well, I've learned my lesson - no black lip gloss. If I ever want to do black on my lips, I'm going the lipstick route.
This lip gloss is wonderful (just not in black) because it's light, non-sticky and the applicator is light and soft and applies the gloss smoothly. The problem with the black shade is that the gloss is too light and liquidy to get a good cover of black on your lips. After my first application, I had weird pink streaks (my lips) showing through), so I tried to touch up the gloss with more gloss to get a nice black cover, but whenever I put the applicator onto my lips to add more gloss, I pushed some of the existing gloss off, so I was really just moving gloss around on my lips. I never managed to get a nice even colour of my lips and it was always streaky and uneven.
If I wasn't trying the black colour, this lip gloss would be great. Unfortunately, Black Diva just didn't deliver. I'm assuming the other glosses that are lighter in hue wouldn't have this problem, but until I try another shade, I'll have to give this lip gloss a lower rating.
Rating (out of 5):
Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten