Thursday, August 05, 2010

Product Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: The Body Shop
Name: Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion
Size: 30 mL
Price: $18 CAD

From their website: "Best if you want to: Improve the appearance of blemish-damaged skin, control oiliness and moisturize while you sleep with a light, moisturizing, non-oily lotion that sinks into the skin."

How it works:
- Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain anti-bacterial properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
- Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.

To Purr About:
- did seem to slightly improve / lighten the appearance of some of my scars
caused by skin blemishes

Claws Out:
- I’m not too fond of the scent
- not very moisturizing
- seemed to slightly irritate some of my acne-troubled spots
- scares still remained

Final Comments:
I picked this product up while The Body Shop was having their latest sale – I love their sales as it gives me an opportunity to try products that I might not have normally bought. I’ve actually fell in love with lots of The Body Shop’s products lately this way.

I have two skin problems I was hoping this product would help – acne prone skin and scares left from my teenage years of bad acne ridden skin. After using the whole bottle religiously every day I was impressed that this product did seem to lighten the appearance of some of the scars on my skin. The only downside is that at the end of the bottle the scars still remained and were visible.

Another con to this product is that it seemed to irritate my skin a bit and cause my acne to flare up. Perhaps I am just allergic to tea tree. All in all I rate this product as okay for the price, but wouldn’t mind paying more for something was a bit more effective.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus.


image: bodyshop.ca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...