Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Name: : Velvet Touch Eye Primer
Size: 15 ml / 0.5 fl oz US
Price: approx. $17 CAD
I normally use Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, but I'm always looking out for new primers to try, particularly since I don't like Urban Decay's bottle design (there's so much primer left in the bottle that's hard to get at). So I decided to give this Gosh product a try.
From their web site: "especially designed to instantly fill in laugh lines and evens out crow's feet. It's a silky smooth formula that can be used alone or under your foundation, eye shadow, pigments or concealer. The perfect base for all kinds of make-up. Perfume and preservative free."
To Purr About:
- after application, skin is silky to the touch
- a tiny bit goes a really long way
- makes my eyelid super smooth
- if you wait long enough for the product to fully dry and set, it helps eyemakeup set
- no colour, so it goes on invisibly
- slightly greasy when first applied
- takes quite a long time to dry compared to other primers
- if you don't wait long enough for the product to dry, then eye makeup will slide, smudge and come right off
Although the product makes my eyelid super smooth and silky, as a primer, I'm not that impressed. The first several times I used the product, I waited a couple of minutes before applying my eyeliner and eye shadow, which is generally how long I wait for my regular primer to set. The eyeliner glided right onto my eyelid, but then when I opened my eye, the eyeliner had smudged onto my eyelid and when I lightly touched the eyeliner, it came right off.
After that experience, I tried waiting about 5 minutes for the primer to dry. It worked much better and my eye makeup stayed on much better.
I must say that this does make my eye lid feel amazingly smooth. Unfortunately, I'm kind of impatient in the mornings, when time is tight and I'm getting ready for work. Since most of the other eye primers I've tried dry much more quickly and set makeup even better, this product is probably best used when you have more time to spare.
Rating (out of 5):
Disclosure: This product was purchased by Cinnamon Kitten.