Monday, June 07, 2010

Product Review: John Frieda Frizz-Ease Weather Works Shampoo & Conditioner

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: John Frieda
Name: : Frizz Ease Weather Works Shampoo & Conditioner
Size: 250 ml
Price: $10.49 CAD

Ever since cutting my hair into a shorter style I have been using John Frieda’s Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Cream product to style my hair. I love it, which led me to wanting to try the shampoo & conditioner that is part of the same line.

The Weather Works Shampoo & Conditioner is (from their website):
- Created for all hair types, Weather-Proofing Shampoo creates a barrier that blocks out heat and humidity providing essential preparation for weather-resistant hair.
- Contains a special ‘Shielding Technology’ that creates a barrier for humidity resistance, static control and UV protection.
- Formulated to provide silky-smooth texture and to control frizz year round.
Removes dirt and oil and rehydrates hair.
- Improves manageability.
- Helps tame frizz and flyaways and lays the foundation for blockage of style-ruining weather.
- Nourishes and softens for flawless style and silky shine in all weather conditions.
- Safe for natural or colour treated hair.

To Purr About:
- made my hair feel silky-smooth and healthy
- helped tame my unruly hair
- made my hair very shiny
- no major scent

Claws Out:
- none really

Final Comments:
To put my review in context – I have thick, un-coloured, cut into a bob, not too damaged (that I know of) hair. I don`t usually blow-dry, straight iron or brush my hair and I wash my hair once every day or every-other day. I use styling products daily.

I never was one to buy anything but the cheapest shampoo & conditioners available, but after trying many different products I have to say that the right shampoo and conditioner really set the stage for nice hair and easy styling.

At an acceptable price (for me) this product really delivers.

Only after the first use I noticed a huge difference. I usually wash my hair in the evenings and the next day have to style the crap out of it, but when I awoke I found my hair to be in need of less styling to get it to look the way I wanted it. Granted I don’t have a very complicated style (just a simple bob), but still – it was a definite improvement. Usually if I don’t wash my hair daily it means that I will have a hard time styling it the next day since I have 2 days worth of product and 2 nights worth of bed head to contend with, but the Frizz-Ease Shampoo and conditioner left my hair so soft and manageable that even after the second night I didn’t have to fight with my hair too much.

If that wasn’t enough, by the third use I noticed a definite reduction in flyaways. This product is awesome!

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: johnfrieda.ca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...