Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Product Review: The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Powder Foundation

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: The Body Shop
Name: : Nature’s Minerals Powder Foundation
Size: 5 g / 0.17 oz.
Price: $25.00 CAD

Shade Tried: 02

From Body Shop’s website: "Best if you want to: Achieve a healthy, radiant complexion with ultra-fine minerals that blend evenly to protect skin and reduce redness and imperfections. With SPF 25."

Best for: suitable for sensitive skin, provides light to medium coverage

How it works:
- Kaolin clay and Mediterranean clay are absorbent minerals that provide long-lasting coverage.
- Mica adds luster and has light-diffusing properties to help disguise fine lines and pores.
- Titanium dioxide and iron oxide protect skin from the sun without clogging pores.
- Dermatologist-tested with no added fillers, preservatives or fragrances.

To Purr About:
- comes in 6 shades
- protects the skin from the sun’s harmful rays – comes with SPF 25
- very light and airy feeling
- looks very natural
- has a bit of a shimmer which leaves skin with a subtle healthy glow
- does not irritate my sensitive skin

Claws Out:
- requires a separate application brush which doesn’t allow for compact travel
- as with all other mineral makeup - doesn’t allow for addition of moisturizer after makeup application

Final Comments:
I recently walked into a Body Shop to pick up some lip products when I was told about their sale of the day. Since I had run out of the mineral powder foundation I was using I decided to try a new product. I`m not too familiar with Body Shop`s makeup products, but I have had such great experience with their lip care products that I had high hopes.

It took me a little while to get used to this mineral foundation, but once I got the hang of it I was rolling. It blended well with my colouring and really helped me even out my skin tone.

One really big positive of this mineral foundation is that it contains SPF 25 which makes it perfect for everyday wear. I think this is the first foundation product I have used with SPF in it and I’m hoping I will see more and more products with SPF incorporated into them to help protect us from the sun’s harmful rays.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus.

image: thebodyshop.ca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...