Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Product Review: Gillette Venus Embrace Razor

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Gillette
Name: Venus Embrace Razor
Size: n/a
Price: n/a

"Embrace, the latest razor from Venus, guarantees to shave you closer and get you closer. And closer."

To Purr About:
- handy razor holder that is convenient for use in the shower
- good grip handle that makes it easy to use
- nice clean shave
- affordable price

Claws Out:
- doesn’t come with shave gel built in to shaver like other razors do
- I got some minor cuts near my knee
- hair seemed to grow back just as quickly when compared to my old razor

Final Comments:
I figured it was time to upgrade to a newer razor – as I’ve been using the same old Gillette razor for a very, very long time.

I’ve always been tempted to try the Venus line of shavers, and this slim and sleek razor with five blades (compared to my old three-blade razor) caught my eye.

My first impression was disappointment that this razor didn’t have shave gel built in to it, but then I figured that was a good thing because shave gel isn’t costly and blades with shave gel built in probably are a bit costlier.

After using several times I have to say that while it offered a very clean shave (probably an improvement from my old razor) my hair unfortunately seemed to grow back at a similar rate. However I’m happy with the great grip and handling of this shaver. I guess new technology really is an improvement on the old technology in this case.

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: gillettevenus.com

1 comment:

Sanderlees said...

shaving (whether with new or old razors) does not affect the rate of growth to hair -- no matter how close the shave...
also.. if you want to try venus breeze (with the built in shave gel), the refills fit any of the venus handles, including yours.. so no need to be disappointed =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...