Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Product Review: CoverGirl TRUConceal

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: CoverGirl
Name: TRUConceal
Size: n/a
Price: approx. $8 CAD

Shade Tried: 2

I enjoyed CoverGirl's TRUblend Minerals Pressed Mineral Foundation so much that it has become part of my daily routine. So when I decided to find a new concealer I thought I'd try another of CoverGirl's other products.

From their website: "Creamy formula TruConceal blends perfectly to cover imperfections and undereye circles for a natural, no-makeup look. Specially designed to work with TRUblend foundation, pressed powder, and blush; select your concealer, 1 - 6, then look for the corresponding foundation, blush and powder!"

To Purr About:
- convenient brush tip applicator
- easy to apply
- colour was really close to my natural skin tone
- no major scent
- affordable price

Claws Out:
- none

Final Comments:
Firstly, let me mention that I am using this concealer not to cover acne, or dark under eye-circles, but just to cover some redness around my face and some beauty marks. I think you will find different results for different applications.

That being said, I am pretty happy with this concealer and am really am impressed with CoverGirl’s skin products overall. Their products are affordable and very good quality at their price range. I don’t use concealer super often, so I didn’t want to spend a fortune on a product that I would have to toss after only using it a few times (due to makeup expiry rules).

It was also no hassle to choose my shade, since I just picked up the same number as my pressed mineral foundation and it matched my skin tone perfectly.

I found the coverage pretty well-blended, but of course as with most concealers you have to use with the appropriate foundation with it. I could see however that it might be a bit too heavy for major coverage or the area under the eye and doesn`t bode well for re-applications (does any concealer though?).

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: covergirl.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...