Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Name: Tranquileyes Chronic Dry Eye TE Kit
Price: approximately $59 USD
I've been wearing glasses since the fourth grade and as soon as I was old enough, I switched to contacts. Unfortunately, I often find I can't wear my contacts several days in a row as my eyes get irritated and dry. So when I was offered the chance to try out the Tranquileyes Therapy syste by eyeeco, I jumped at the chance.
Available through doctor's offices, high-end spas/resorts or direct from the company online (www.eyeeco.com), there are several different Kits, depending on which problem you'd like to combat most (dry eyes, puffy eye, age defense, travel, etc).
I tried the Kit for Chronic Dry Eyes with ThermoEyes and tried both the Heat Therapy and the Cold Therapy. Although you can sleep with the mask, I opted for using the hourly treatments.
The kit includes:
- a pair of tranquileyes goggles
- 1 spare set of foam replacements
- 1 set of Blue instant thermoeyes
- 1.0 fl oz Foam for Cleanser
- net bag for dryin
- travel sack
To Purr About:
- I love being able to use both heat and cold therapies, depending on what I wanted to "pamper" my eyes for
- I found with regular use that my eyes didn't dry out as often and I could wear my contacts for longer periods of time
- The darkness that the mask creates is very relaxing
- Instructions were really thorough and easy to follow
- Eye mask is really comfortable
- a little expensive
I love this therapy system. It's fairly easy to use and is super comfortable. Although a little pricey at first, you can re-use it over and over again and would only have to replace certain parts (which isn't that expensive in the long run). When I take into account the change in my eyes, this is definitely worth the money. I have actually noticed a difference in how much less my eyes get dry after days of contact wear.
Sometimes, I like putting the mask on after a long day of work just to "relax" since I can't do anything but lie down and listen to some tunes in total darkness (okay, I admit, I have napped a few times while wearing this!).
Rating (out of 5):
If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.