Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Product Review: eyeeco tranquileyes Chronic Dry Eye TE Kit

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: eyeeco
Name: Tranquileyes Chronic Dry Eye TE Kit
Size: n/a
Price: approximately $59 USD

I've been wearing glasses since the fourth grade and as soon as I was old enough, I switched to contacts. Unfortunately, I often find I can't wear my contacts several days in a row as my eyes get irritated and dry. So when I was offered the chance to try out the Tranquileyes Therapy syste by eyeeco, I jumped at the chance.

Available through doctor's offices, high-end spas/resorts or direct from the company online (www.eyeeco.com), there are several different Kits, depending on which problem you'd like to combat most (dry eyes, puffy eye, age defense, travel, etc).

I tried the Kit for Chronic Dry Eyes with ThermoEyes and tried both the Heat Therapy and the Cold Therapy. Although you can sleep with the mask, I opted for using the hourly treatments.

The kit includes:
- a pair of tranquileyes goggles
- 1 spare set of foam replacements
- 1 set of Blue instant thermoeyes
- 1.0 fl oz Foam for Cleanser
- net bag for dryin
- travel sack

To Purr About:
- I love being able to use both heat and cold therapies, depending on what I wanted to "pamper" my eyes for
- I found with regular use that my eyes didn't dry out as often and I could wear my contacts for longer periods of time
- The darkness that the mask creates is very relaxing
- Instructions were really thorough and easy to follow
- Eye mask is really comfortable

Claws Out:
- a little expensive

Final Comments:
I love this therapy system. It's fairly easy to use and is super comfortable. Although a little pricey at first, you can re-use it over and over again and would only have to replace certain parts (which isn't that expensive in the long run). When I take into account the change in my eyes, this is definitely worth the money. I have actually noticed a difference in how much less my eyes get dry after days of contact wear.

Sometimes, I like putting the mask on after a long day of work just to "relax" since I can't do anything but lie down and listen to some tunes in total darkness (okay, I admit, I have napped a few times while wearing this!).

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: eyeeco.com

2 comments:

The App Goddess said...

OMG! I saw this in my One Spirit catalog and wanted to try it! Thanks for this post:)

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

You're so welcome! (love your blog, btw!) I highly recommend these goggles. A little pricey at first, but they'll last awhile and they really did help my dry eyes. Of course, they also come in other versions, so that's another bonus. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...