Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Product Review: ecoTools Makeup Brushes
Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Name: Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush
Price: Approx. $3.99 USD
Name: Bamboo Blush Brush
Price: Approx. $6.99 USD
Back in March I blogged about a new line of brushes and beauty tools called ecoTools that were both earth-friendly and cruelty-free. I finally tried out a few of the makeup brushes and got to test out if they were as good as some of my other brushes.
To Purr About:
- comes in a re-usable plastic, resealable pouch
- Earth-friendly product (bamboo handles use a highly sustainable plant that is low-impact on the Earth's resources) and synthetic Taklon bristles are cruelty-free
- nice, sturdy handles feel really nice when held and have a good weight to them
- bristles are super-soft and pick up product really well
- price is really, really good
- the angled eyeliner brush works really well and I have no problem using it with my gel eyeliner
- quality doesn't equal my favourite brushes (from MAC)
- not really available in Canada
Even though they don't match my MAC brushes, the price and how friendly they are to both the Earth and animals makes these brushes very attractive. I love the weight of the brush and how soft the bristles are. At these prices, it's not hard to buy every brush in the set and equip yourself with all the tools you need!
If you're in the US, you can buy these brushes at several locations (check their site for more details) but retailers include Ulta and Walgreens. I hope they come to Canada soon!
Rating (out of 5):
If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.