Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Product Review: CoverGirl TRUBlend Liquid Makeup

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: CoverGirl
Name: TRUblend Liquid Makeup
Size: 30 mL
Price: approximately $14 CAD

Shade Tried: 3 - Natural Beige

I recently tried CoverGirl’s TRUblend Pressed Mineral Foundation and absolutely loved it, so I was excited to try the liquid makeup they offer.

"TruBlend Liquid Makeup has colorspheres that go beyond just matching your skin tone to actually merge with your skin, for a naturally flawless look."

To Purr About:
- available in 6 shades
- very smooth – blended well on to my skin
- not oily
- very light and airy feeling
- looks very natural
- affordable price
- doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin
- convenient pump dispenser
- easier and less messy to apply than mineral makeup

Claws Out:
- obviously not convenient to carry around for touch-ups (would need to carry a mirror and sponge in addition to the bottle itself)
- does not reduce shine
- does not cover as well as the mineral powder

Final Comments:
I'm overly impressed with this product. CoverGirl sure has come a long way from when I was a teenager. The liquid makeup was light and airy and helped even out my skin tone. However, as I noted above, it didn’t cover as well as their TRUblend mineral powder (which I was SUPER impressed with), so I think for now I’m going to stick with that.

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: CoverGirl PR contact

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...