Sunday, May 25, 2008

Product Review: Jergens Natural Glow Express

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: Jergens
Name: Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer
Size: 120 mL
Price: $9.99 CAD / $7.99 USD

Shade Tried: Medium/Tan

In my continued attempt to hide my hideously white & scarred legs I’m trying this new product. Things I always look for in a self-tanner: whether it works, leaves any streaks or splotches, and if the results are a natural and looking tan.

From Jergens’ website: "Jergens natural glow express Body Moisturizer is the quick way to a natural-looking summer glow. With this breakthrough moisturizer you will begin to see colour after the first use. When used daily you will get more than a full shade of natural summer colour in just three days.”"

To Purr About:
- very sweet scent, but not as chemically as other skin tinting moisturizers/products that I’ve tried
- noticeable tanning in 1 day
- does not irritate my extremely sensitive skin
- reasonably priced

Claws Out:
- may leave streaks if you’re not careful – probably not the best for evening tan lines unless you’re a pro at application techniques
- scent is very strong & lasts very long
- a bit on the sticky/syrupy side

Final Comments:
I guess there’s a fine balance with everything - this product is VERY effective in giving you colour, but therefore leads to streaking if you’re not careful in applying it. The sweet scent is a bit strong for me, BUT since I got such amazing results in such little time I don’t have to put up with the smell for more than the prescribed 3 days. I was very impressed by the noticeable and quick results of this product – I’m not dark tanned, but it’s a major difference between my pasty white legs & my nice medium tone now. I’ll probably have to use it once a week to upkeep the nice looking tan, but it’s totally worth it.

Update: after a few days of not using the daily tinting moisturizer to upkeep my tan as suggested – I have very streaky legs. Hmmmm…..I can’t hold this against the product because it did what it said it would do, but I wanted to make a note of it.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: jergens.ca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i recently read a funny article to do with sunless tanning on msn.com. in the wake of the revelation that tanning salons aren't the best for our skin the writer basically reviewed a self-tanner and those spray on tanning places. her final verdict was that those subtle tanning moisturizers are your best bet to a non-streaky and natural looking tan. unfortunately they do smell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...