Saturday, April 19, 2008

Product Review: Nubar Cuticle Oil

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: nubar
Name: Cuticle Oil
Size: 0.5 fl. oz. / 15 ml
Approx. Price: $6.99 USD

Scent Tried: Passion Fruit

nubar has recently introduced a new line of cuticle oils. The healing properties of Jojoba mixed together with Caramiane and Mulberry Root extract work to encourage the growth of beautiful, strong nails & healthy cuticles. The yummy fruity fragrances are a nice treat!

Available in Grapefruit, Passion Fruit, Vanilla and Sweet Almond.

I'm sure many of you suffer from dry hands (like I do) during the wintertime. But I hate greasy treatments because I use my hands so much that anything that isn't quick absorbing is just annoying. My cuticles suffer a lot during the winter and I've found a few other treatments to be effective, but non-absorbing, so I was interested in trying this one out.

To Purr About:
- the scent is light, but sweet and nice, and very pleasant
- the nail polish bottle and applicator brush make it very easy to apply and use
- made an instant difference to my cuticles, softeneing them up and making they drated

Claws Out:
- the oil doesn't absorb much so it just "sits" on my cuticles and fingertips - which isn't very appealing
- there weren't any instructions with the product, so I had no idea how much to apply, where to apply the product and how often I should use it

Final Comments:
The ease of application makes this a nice product and it smells nice and fruity. It did make a difference to the look of my cuticles, even after the first applcation. However, because it is an oil and isn't absorbed into the skin quickly so my fingers were left pretty oily for a long time until I wiped off the excess oil.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: bynubar.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was my problem with the Burt's Bees cuticle cream as well. They left my fingers greasy - which isn't really practical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...