Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Product Review: CoverGirl TruBlend Pressed Mineral Foundation

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: CoverGirl
Name: TruBlend Pressed Mineral Foundation
Size: 11 g / 0.39 oz
Approx. Price: $12.99 CAD

Shade Tried: 2 / Creamy Natural

I’ve been wanting to try mineral makeup after reading all the positive feedback, but haven’t been able to take the plunge due to the sometimes high prices. So I was pretty excited to find out that CoverGirl has introduced its new line of mineral makeup. It seemed like an affordable way for me to try mineral makeup.

"Get healthy-looking, flawless coverage that feels barely there! NEW TruBlend Minerals Pressed Mineral Foundation is a blend of pure, micro-fine minerals that's so silky-smooth, it goes on powder-light to cover like a liquid and help conceal imperfections beautifully."

To Purr About:
- available in 6 shades
- very convenient compact for the person-on-the-go
- very light and airy feeling
- looks very natural
- affordable price
- has a bit of a shimmer which leaves skin with a subtle healthy glow
- doesn't irritate my sensitive skin

Claws Out:
- included brush doesn't allow for blending into skin well
- no mirror included in compact
- makes a mess if you accidentally drop it like I did
- doesn't really allow for additional moisturizer after makeup application

Final Comments:
I’ve been using this foundation in combination with a face primer, blush, and a veil mineral powder for more than a month now and I am very impressed. It's very light and blends into my skin well giving me a naturally flawless look. I will definitely be a repeat customer of this product.

My only beef is that because it’s winter and my skin is very dry, I often need to apply additional moisturizer to my face after I’m done applying my makeup. I don’t think this last step goes well with mineral makeup. If anyone out there has found the solution to this problem – please let me know!

Now if only there was a way to carry around ALL the mineral makeup easily & compactly...

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: covergirl.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi! This might sound crazy, but I have discovered that it is very easy to move this mineral powder into another compact with a mirror. I simply scrape out the powder into a small container, crush it up thoroughly, then refill the new compact. After making sure the crushed up powder fills the new compact evenly, I use the flat cap of my mascara tube to push it down firmly all around. Press, lift, press, lift, don't slide, all along the edge, then in the center. I usually make two or three complete passes with the pressing. It only takes about 2 minutes total to complete this process. This also works fantastically for using up the small amount of powder that I can't get to around the edges of a used compact. I save 3 or 4 used compacts, then scrape them all out and follow the process above, soon ending up with an almost full compact, ready to go. No waste this way. I also made my concealer/corrector this way. By mixing up 1 part Signature Minerals (an awesome company with fantastic products, I'm not affiliated with in any way, though, except as a customer) Soft Mint Color Corrector to 2 parts Ivory CG TruBlend Pressed Mineral Foundation and then pressing it into a compact with a mirror which I can take anywhere without mess or fuss. Give it a try; you might be pleasantly surprised!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Dee - I don't think that's crazy at all! What a neat trick - thanks so much for sharing! :) A great tip to help use up the remaining powder and save some money too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...