Thursday, March 13, 2008

Product Review: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand:
Urban Decay
Name: Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Size: 10 ml / 0.34 fl. oz.
Approx. Price: $18 CAD

As some of you may know, I love my MAC Paint in Untitled as my eyeshadow primer. It's a nearly nude shade of Paint that comes in a tube, is super easy to apply and makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner last all day until I take it off with makeup remover.

I've tried other eye-area primers (ie. Clinique) with not-as-good results, so I've always stuck to MAC. However, on a recent trip to Sephora, a friend of mine mentioned how much she loved this Urban Decay product so I had to give it a try.

Packaged in a cute lilac genie-inspired bottle, this product is "an ultra-sheer, totally nude eye base that glides on with the wave of a wand and then disappears instantly. It's the ultimate eye prep for smoother, longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow." (description from Sephora's web site)

To Purr About:
- although when first applied, there's a slightly white colour, when dry, this product is completely clear
- it takes a few seconds to dry and immediately I could feel the area that I applied it to was feeling primed and ready for makeup
- this primer didn't change the shade of my liner or shadow at all
- did really make my makeup last all day and didn't come off until removed with eye makeup remover
- built-in sponge-tip applicator makes it easy to apply

Claws Out:
- it's a little more liquid than I'm used to with most primers (face or eye-specific) so it takes a little practice to get the right amount onto your eyelid with the sponge applicator
- sponge applicator is a little long so it's sometimes hard to control when you're talking precision application in the eye area

Final Comments:
I must admit that this may be my new eyelid primer after my current supply of MAC Paint runs out. The one thing it has over the Paint is the fact that it's clear - sometimes if I'm sloppy you can see the Paint on my eyes because of the slight pink colour. With the Primer Potion there's no chance of that happening. I'm in love! It's rare that a new product bumps another out of my regular routine, but I think this may have happened!

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: sephora.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also find the MAC eye paint a bit thick/heavy, so i can't wear it in the summer or when my skin is dry.

Arianne said...

Thought you might be interested when you run out, you still have some left: http://dblacknessmac.blogspot.com/2008/01/udpp-has-been-holdin-out.html

I'm extremely curious about this. I have oily eyelids and I am on a quest to finding an eyeliner that will last all day. Even the MAC Fluidline failed to stay on.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

arianne - OMG! that is STUNNING! I will have to share that with my readers - thank you so much for posting that link! I will definitely make sure to cut open my package when I can't get any more out with my wand!

Anonymous said...

arianne - that is so cool. i wonder how many other products out there are holding out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...