Monday, March 17, 2008

Product Review: Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolour

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Cover Girl
Name: Outlast All-Day Lipcolour
Size: (topcoat) 1.9 g /0.06 oz; (colourcoat) 2.3 ml / 0.7 fl. oz.
Approx. Price: $9.50 USD

Shade Tried: 593 Nude

I've been trying a whole bunch of those new lipsticks that have been coming out that promise to last the entire day. I must admit, winter is probably not the best time to try these colour-stay lipsticks because most of them are quite drying compared to regular lipsticks/glosses.

Cover Girl's Outlast lipstick is another 2-step product. First, you apply the colourcoat to your lips with the spongetip and let it dry for 60 seconds. Next, you apply the topcoat (which is a regular lip balm type stick. You can keep applying the topcoat throughout the day for extra shine and moisturizing.

To Purr About:
- the colour really does last an insane amount of time. On my first "trial day" I was spending the whole day shopping - I put on one application in the morning around 9 am, shopped, ate, drank and at around 8pm at night I was still trying to get the colour off my lips with no luck (Vaseline did the trick in the end)
- topcoat is very moisturizing and gives a nice gloss to the lipstick
- both products were easily to apply - the sponge tip is easy to handle and control and the twist up tube of the topcoat is much more convenient for on-the-go touch ups

Claws Out:
- the colour was darker on my lips than in the tube/packaging so it wasn't a real "nude" on my lips and was much more coppery and shiny than I would have liked (although that's easily fixed with a different shade)
- this product was kind of drying and I had to keep applying the topcoat in order to get rid of the "dry lips" feeling
- there was a bit of caking near the end of the day in the corner of my mouth, which I couldn't get rid of until I got home since normal rubbing and wiping doesn't remove anything
- because there are 2 separate components to this product, you have to carry around 2 separate pieces which aren't attached in any way, which some other 2-part long-last lipsticks are

Final Comments:
I do love the staying power of this product and the topcoat is convenient and much better than other stay-put lipstics where the topcoat is in brush/sponge-tip form. I don't like that it's 2 separate pieces - just takes up more room in the makeup kit. The colour of this shade turned me off as it was coppery and way too sparkly. It's a nice shade in general, but shouldn't be named Nude. However, given the huge amount of shades this product comes in, I'm sure I'll be able to find another shade that I can fall in love with!

Rating (out of 5):





If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: covergirl.ca

1 comment:

The Ultimate Chick said...

The L'oreal Infallible lipstick is pretty good. Plus it comes in a great package that keeps the color & glossy topcoat together in one place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...