Friday, January 25, 2008

Product Review: Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand:
Cetaphile
Name: Moisturizing Lotion
Size: 460 mL
Approx. Price: $15.99 CAD

I have very dry and sensitive skin and I turned to a dermatologist to help me relieve some of my woes. One of the products she suggested I use was Cetaphil. I’ve seen it at Shoppers Drug Mart many times, but decided to try it finally. I was pleased to learn that Cetaphil is made by a Canadian company.

Their website (www.cetaphil.ca) claims that “Cetaphil is a non-greasy formula that provides fast, long-lasting relief for dry, sensitive skin.”

To Purr About:
- definitely not greasy
- scent-free

Claws Out:
- a bit on the pricey side for body lotion
- doesn't leave my skin feeling that moisturized
- after a few months of use I was still battling itchy feeling skin

Final Comments:
I wasn’t impressed with this body lotion. I’ve been using it for months now, but did not find it better than other lotions I’ve used in the past, and in some cases it was worse. I wasn’t allergic to it or anything (which is always a plus), but my skin wasn’t left feeling very smooth or moisturized. I also didn’t find that my skin was any less prone to being dry and itchy overall. I probably would not use this lotion again. It’s a bit too pricey for the results I got. I am pretty disappointed that the dermatologist recommended this product to me – I wonder if they get any “bonuses” from the manufacturers for recommending certain products.

Rating (out of 5):





If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: cetaphil.ca

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used this Cetaphil product after accidentally purchasing it (meant to get the gentle skin cleanser, which I use to remove make-up), and was not happy at all with it. It left a tacky feeling, and my skin did not feel moisturized.

I've been pretty happy with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion for the past few years, although the Aveeno Skin Relief product is good for very dry skin. Both are non-greasy, frangrance-free and keeps the skin hydrated, even when exposed to harsh winter weather.
I also use the hand cream when I have to wash my hands frequently. I don't like the Stress Relief formula though - I don't like the scent and it lingers all day.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

funny you should mention Aveeno. I JUST recently started eyeing the daily moisturizing lotion & will probably try it once my current moisturizer is finished off. Thanks for the tip!

Psalm 23 said...

hello all
no I dont think dermatologists get paid for recommending cetaphil....its great for ppl with EXTREMELY sensitive skin. And 15.99 can is WAY too expenzise, I dunno why its so much , I live in canada and I can get it for wayyyy cheaper, like at least 12 dollars at costco or walmart.

Anonymous said...

wow..such a bad review for such a great product.

I have bad eczema and I SWEAR by cetaphil. It's the only thing that has saved my skin (if I don't mosturize, I get very red, blotchy, itchy and from there I basically have to visit the dermatologist to get eczema creams). Other products don't mosturize enough or don't let my skin breathe because they're way too thick...and I've tried everything (aveeno, lubriderm, jergens, eucerin, neutrogena, avene, body shop butter etc).

So from someone who has gone through 20+ bottles of this stuff, it's a lifesaver. Sure it's expensive (but not that expensive, around $9 at walmart), but for me it actually WORKS.

Katie said...

I - literally - cannot function if I don't use Cetaphil every day. That is the only stuff that will work on my face. Every day I use the cleaner and the moisturizing cream (not the lotion). I would recommend the cream for faces. I hate feeling like I have product on my face, and the cream actually feels NICE, and it absorbs quickly and does not leave any film on my skin.

Nadia Clara said...

Oily Skin is lighter than the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It absorbs a lot better as well.


Handmade soaps

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...