Saturday, December 15, 2007

Product Review: Benefit Get Even

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Benefit
Name: Get Even
Size: 8.9 g / 0.31 oz
Approx. Price: $28 USD

Shade Tried: 02 - Medium

After never having tried any Benefit products before, I bought 2 Benefit products during a trip to Sephora in the US and I'm quickly becoming a convert. I bought benefit 10 (you can read the review here) and benefit get even powder.

From Benefit's site:
"Got a case of the "blotchies"? Perfection is just a blot away with our incredible action-blotting powder. In the perfect nude shades, get smooth skin, get rid of redness, get flawless finish...use the sponge to lightly press [the powder] onto your skin wherever you see redness, oil, or discoloration. It can be used over or under makeup and it's perfect for a mid-day touch up!"

To Purr About:
- Very light shades of powder
- Great coverage to even out skin tone and smooth out inconsistencies
- The compact is a simple black compact, but it has a cool, curved shape that I really like

Claws Out:

- The sponge is extremely thin and sits on top of the powder (I'm spoiled by MAC's compacts, where there's a separate compartment for the sponge)
- Since it only comes in 3 shades, it's not the greatest product for everyone. I chose 02-medium, as that's the closest to my skin tone, but after using it, my husband did remark that my skin looked good, but lighter than usual, so the difference is noticeable if it's too "off"

Final Comments:
Although this product does even out my skin tone, I don't know if it's something I would always use. I'm usually good with my MAC StudioFix compact, which is a foundation & powder in one and then I generally use that to touch-up through the day or use blotting powders. I don't think I want to carry around 2 compacts around with me all day long.

For people who have very good complexions and just want something to "take the shine off" or even out a few red spots, this might be just what you're looking for. But that's if your skin is close in tone to one of the 3 available shades. Since I need something "stronger" to even out my skin, I'll be sticking to my StudioFix.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: benefitcosmetics.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...