Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007 in Review: 5 Favourite New Products

2007 was a great year for me. Not only did I launch this fun, little blog and meet lots of fellow beauty addicts, I tried many new beauty products that I normally wouldn't have purchased in order to ensure I reviewed a variety of products for this site. The result is that I've discovered some great (and not so great) products.

Of all the new products I tried, the following 5 (in no particular order) are my favourites and have been given a permanent place in my beauty cabinet.

(In order to make this list, products must be something I've never tried before 2007)

Benefit 10

I'm a faithful fan of my MAC Blush, however, on a recent trip to the US, I left my makeup case at home and had to make an emergency run to Sephora (of course). I had planned on getting another blush, but decided to try something new and picked up some Benefit 10 instead.

Half-highlighter, half-bronzer, a simple sweep of this product creates an illusion of cheekbones and also creates subtle highlights and shadows anywhere you sweep. I never leave the house now without doing the "sexy sweep"!

Read my full review here.

Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash

I've never been a big fan of bar soaps, so I've almost always used body washes since they were introduced into the market. However, I still find that most soaps/body washes leave my skin dry enough that I need to follow up with a moisturizer immediately after showering.

After using Dove's Deep Moisture Body Wash, my skin is left extremely soft and moisturized after showering - enough that I don't need to put on any moisturizer.

I also like the nice, light scent that this wash leaves on my skin. Very touchable!

Read my full review here.

Nivea Caregloss & Shine

The Canadian winters, with its famous (or should I say, infamous?) wind-chills usually wreak havoc on my lips. They get so dry and chapped that wearing lipstick is just out of the question and I'm scrambling for lip balms. Even glosses get too goopy because of my chapped lips.

I only discovered Nivea's Caregloss & Shine lip balm a little while ago and I already have two! What makes this lip treatment so great is that it not only completely moisturizes and heals my poor lips, but it comes in great colours! I own Natural (a sheer pink shade) and Red, a lovely, rosy red gloss. So now I can pamper my lips in winter and still indulge in a glossy, rosy mouth.

Read my full review here.

Neutrogena All-in-One Make-Up Removing Cleansing Wipes

I love this product. It is absolutely PERFECT for travelling (which I do quite often). It comes in its own package and takes off all traces of make-up, including waterproof mascara. But it's not just a cleasing cloth, it also tones and moisturizes. After wiping off all my makeup, my skin feels fresh and soft and lightly scented.

Before discovering this product, everytime I went away, I carried along a bottle of cleanser, a bottle of toner and two bottles of facial moisturizer (day and night). Now I just bring a box of these wipes and a bottle of my daytime facial moisturizer (it has SPF). It has really freed up some luggage space!

Read my full review here.

E.L.F. Brand

Ok, so this is not a product, but this is one of my favourite discoveries of 2007. Being someone who likes to try a lot of new things, but not having a budget to do that all the time, makeup for $1 (USD) is like a dream come true.

Not only does E.L.F. offer great quality products for $1, they're full-size! There's such a huge variety of products (covering lips, face, eyes, and tools) and so many colours, that there's something for everyone. And they ship to Canada at a very reasonable shipping fee, which isn't something that all retailers offer, so that's a definite bonus.

Near the end of 2007, E.L.F. started launching all sorts of new products, like nail polish, mineral makeup, skincare, etc (note: not all of these new products are $1), so I'm excited to see what they come out with in 2008!

~~~~~

Were there any products that you tried for the first time in 2007 that have become part of your favourites list? Leave a comment and let me know! I'd love to see what new things have joined your beauty cabinet this year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You should tell me people to note you as the person who recommended them to ELF, because once you get to a certain number, you get free make-up for life. I don't know all the details, but you should definitely look it up :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Dove Body Wash too! One thing that isn't in your top 5 is the acne device Zeno! This is definitely in my top 5 of 2007. If you haven't tried it, you should...they have a money back guarantee. Why not, I would love to read your review!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how quickly time flies! Here's to another fun & exciting year & lots of new makeup & skincare goodies to try out!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

saira: Makeup for life??? How cool would that be???

jessie: I've heard great things about Zeno, but haven't had the chance to try it out. I actually don't have any acne issues as I'm into my 30s now and have been blessed with acne-free skin (don't be too jealous, I do have other skin problems) so probably wouldn't be the best reviewer. If any readers (including you, jessie!) want to submit a review, I'd love to post it!

s.k.y.: I'm so glad you came aboard to help out! It's been great to have you along for the ride!

Victoria said...

I'll try that Dove body wash and the Nivea balm too, thanks!
Happy New Year,
Victoria

Anonymous said...

Nike,Jordan,Air force 1 sneaker - We supply brand shoes (air max, jordan,nike shox,adidas, af1, bape, dunk, iceream, puma, timberland, etc), bags, jeans.
website: www.sneakersupplier.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...