Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten
Brand: Boots No7
Name: Restore & Renew (Protect & Perfect in the UK)
Size: 30 ml / 1 US fl oz
Price: $25 CAD
This anti-aging serum caused a major international shopping frenzy after a recent BBC documentary in the UK called Horizon examined the science behind cosmetics. The program found one product that actually began to repair the damage to the skin's structure - Boots No7 Protect & Perfect.
The product caused major lineups in the UK, and again in the US and Canada when it was rename and relaunched here as Boots No7 Restore & Renew. The only difference between the UK and North American product (besides the name) is the molecular structure of 1 ingredient that doesn't change its action in the product.
In Canada, Boots products are carried exclusively at select Shoppers Drug Mart stores. I've been watching the shelves at one that I know carries Boots, but so far, still no Restore & Renew on the shelves. However, I was just in Halifax last week for a holiday and I walked into a small Shoppers there and they had over 30 in stock! So if you live in Halifax, you're in luck!
To Purr About:
- the serum is very smooth and light and absorbs quickly into the skin
- very little fragrance
- a little goes a long way
- after applying a thin layer of the product to my face, my skin felt instantly hydrated and extremely smooth, no oil at all
- after a month of use, I have noticed that my pores appear smaller and my makeup is gliding on a little more easily
- the tube size may seem small, but you don't need very much to cover your entire face easily, so the $25 is extemely reasonable compared to most of the anti-aging products on the market
- as with all anti-aging products, this one has to be taken with a grain of salt, HOWEVER, a lot of the independent research done in the documentaries on both BBC and CNN have supported Boots' claims
Ok, we all know that we can't believe the hype around certain products - anti-aging creams, anti-cellulite creams, etc. Pretty much anything that promises a "quick fix". However, after a month of using the Boots No7 Restore & Renew, I have noticed my skin is smoother and my pores appear smaller. And after I apply the serum at night, my skin feels so silky and smooth and not-greasy that I would buy it for that alone to use in place of my night cream. The best thing about this anti-aging product, besides the fact that there's a lot of support behind it, is the price tag. $25 is a steal compared to most of the other products out there that make the same claim.
Rating (out of 5):
images: LexPR press kit productreviewno7