Guest Reviewer: Allyson
Name: Three-Step Skin Care System
- Liquid Facial Soap for Oily Skin, 6.7 fl oz / 200 ml - $14.50 USD
- Clarifying Lotion # 4, 13.5 fl oz / 400 ml - $19.00 USD
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, 4.2 oz / 125 ml - $23.00 USD
Products used are for oily skin.
To Purr About:
- my face feels clean
- made my skini feel smoother immediately
- noticeably cleared up my break-out prone forehead almost immediately
- fragrance-free and tested extensively to be hypo-allergenic, which is important to me as I have had allergic reactions to products in the past
- the pump on the moisturizer is handy and it comes with a cover for easy travel
- the moisture sinks in right away, so I can put makeup on right away in the morning
- the clarifying lotion can sting and be a little drying, but for me, it's preferable to the constant oil slick I have with other products and the dryness is easily combatted by using a little extra moisturizer
- it's on the expensive side, but worth it
- Clinique recommends using a product to remove makeup and sunscreen prior to the facial soap, so it's really 4 steps at night (I use the Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser)
- does not have sunscreen - not a big deal for me because my foundation does, but may be a problem for others
I used this system about 7 years ago, and I didn't like it because the bar soap was messy and the moisture lotion, which was the only option, was too heavy and greasy for my oily skin. The addition of the liquid soap and the moisture gel had me pining away to try the system again and I'm really happy with it.
I have oily skin that still breaks out even at 30 years old, and I've found that these products have a better effect than products for acne control. The toner for skin type 4 does have salicyclic acid in it, so I think that makes it comparable. It's a splurge, but it has been worth it for me. I also read that the products last for a long time...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Rating (out of 5):
Thanks for the review, Allyson!
If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.
images: clinique.com and sephora.com productreviewclinique