Thursday, August 02, 2007

GUEST Product Review: Ferme Kiss Me Waterproof Curl

Guest Reviewer: TorontoViewer

Brand:
Ferme
Name: Kiss Me Waterproof Curl
Size: n/a
Approx. Price: $10 CAD

Shade Tried:
- Black

This isn't a regular product review, but I thought I'd share it anyway. A few months ago, TorontoViewer left this in the comments section (technically it was the first Guest Review Cinnamon Kitten received!) and this product sounds so great I thought that I should share it with all of you!

If anyone else has tried this out and would like to send in a full review, let me know! In the meantime, here's what TorontoViewer had to say:

Just got back from Japan where I always stock up on the world's best mascara. It's made by FERME and is called 'Kiss Me Waterproof Curl'.

I've used mascara ever since I was 14 and it's a very important part of my 'make-up' thus I've tried just about everything that's out there and can't find anything better than this for curl.

Routine: I curl my eyelashes and lightly apply this thin consistancy mascara which dries very quickly. I suspect by drying quickly it maintains the curl that I've crimped into my normally straight lashes.

The staying power of this stuff is amazing too: 12 hour days in the humid weather of Singapore with nary a smudge or a decrease in curl.

If you know anyone going to Japan beg beg BEG them to grab some of this for you. Oddly it's considered rather low-end and is available at the Japanese version of Kmart called DAIEI Department stores. Retails for Y1,000 which is $10 CAD (April 2007 exchange rate). Only available in black, waterproof mascara remover required.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

For those that are curious about what was in the comment I deleted - it wasn't anything obscene or controversial, it was just an ad for a fashion site.

I don't mind when readers recommend retailers or mention discounts that are available, but anything that is blantently just a commercial ad will be deleted.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

OMG! This mascara sounds amazing! Please tell me there's another way to get my hands on one besides travelling to Japan!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi cinnamon kitten, mscgal's comment reminded me of something that I thought might be useful to all your readers!

The last time I was at Pacific Mall in Toronto (Kennedy & Steeles) I found a couple of stores that sold facial products from Asia (Korea, Japan, etc.)

One store in particular that sold a lot of imported products was located on the main floor near the entrance facing Steeles.

The products are pricey, but you'll see stuff there that you've never seen before! =)

I hope this helps you & other readers locate those hard to find asian products! Because I often hear that the facial products from Korea & Japan are superior!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Thanks for the great tip! I haven't been to Pacific Mall in ages (I find the parking situation too crazy on the weekends, which is the only time I can go) but that's a great reminder - they probably carry some great Asian imports that can't be found in the usual retailers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...