Saturday, July 07, 2007

Product Review: Clinique Touch Base for Eyes

Brand: Clinique
Name: Touch Base for Eyes
Size: 0.03 oz /1 g
Price: $17.50 CAD

Colour Tried:
- Canvas Light

Okay, this is one of the other items I bought in order to get the May/June 2007 Holt Renfrew Clinique bonus.

Currently I "prime" my eyes with MAC Eye Paint in Untitled (it makes my eyeliner and eyeshadow last all day/night without fading or creasing) so I figured this would also be a great base product for my eye products. Clinique claims that this is "no smear, no fade, no creasing. Stays on until washed off. Also works as holding base for other eye makeup."

To Purr About:
- nice light formula that goes on easily
- when I apply my eyeliner on top, my eyelids don't feel dry and my eyeproducts just glide on
- keeps my eyeliner and eyeshadow in place all day long until I remove it with eye makeup remover
- non-greasy, no creasing
- is shimmery, adds shimmer to the eyelids. If you put product on top, adds shimmer to your products as well (can be good or bad, depending on the look you were trying to achieve) - good for going out looks

Claws Out:

- is shimmery, adds shimmer to the eyelids. If you put product on top, adds shimmer to your products as well (can be good or bad, depending on the look you were trying to achieve) - not something I really want for my daytime makeup
- compared to my MAC Paint, the eyeliner and eyeshadow don't end up as vibrant when placed on top of the Clinique Touch Base for Eyes

Final Comments:
This product is light and really does help eye makeup (both eyeliners and eyeshadows) stay on my eyelids the entire day, even when it's really warm outside. No creasing or anything until I remove everything with eye makeup remover. Love the staying power. The shimmer is nice when you want to go out at night, but not something I want during the day when I'm in an office, so that's a minus. Guess I won't be getting rid of my MAC Paint just yet.

Rating (out of 5):




image: clinique.ca productreviewclinique

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there!
I have just stumbled along your website today and i love it! :) i will most def. check up regularly. Hmm I have heard about this product and the only reason ive hesitated to get this is because Ive read reviews about it that it dries up very very quickly and that the lid has to be air tight. Also the price is a little much for me for what seems tobe such a little amount of products.

Have u had any experience with this so far?

Thanks!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Hi manydeals!

Welcome! Glad to "meet" you!

Well, to be honest, I bought the Clinique Touch Base for Eyes because I needed enough products to qualify for a Bonus event and wanted to try a few new things.

Normally I use MAC Eyepaint as a base for my eyeliner/eyeshadow and in comparison the Touch Base is definitely drier. When I try to apply it with a brush it does dry up and produces little "balls" of product. Using my fingers solves this problem.

Because it's used as a base, you don't need a lot of product so even though it looks like a small amount, it lasts quite a long time. I haven't had it for very long though and I always make sure to close the container, so I haven't had the problem of drying out, although that may happen in the future.

For the price and difficulty of brush application I won't be buying this again and will be sticking to the MAC Eyepaint (I use the shade Untitled) instead.

Hope that helps!
~CK~

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...