Sunday, February 18, 2007

Scent Overload

Okay, pet peeve time - I just got my latest issue of Toronto Life Fashion magazine in the mail and as I was flipping through, my allergies started to go into overdrive. Why? Because there was, not one, not two, but THREE perfume samples amongst the pages.

Three perfume samples within the pages of 1 magazine just mixes everything together and none of them end up smelling very nice. The 3 products that were being advertised were Kenneth Cole's RSVP, Calvin Klein's euphoria blossom and Vera Wang's Princess. I doubt any of these brands would want their potential consumers to smell their scent mixed in with the other two. All that money for an ad that doesn't reflect the true fragrance of your product.

Normally I don't mind those perfume ad pages with their folded over scent samples, and I know that subscribers always have the option for "scent-free" issues. After this last issue, I actually might have to consider that option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when I walk through the cosmetics departments in stores.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...