Friday, February 23, 2007

Product Review: Cargo Lip Gloss Duo

Cargo notes: "...our most popular product - with an unbeatable formulation, and two beautiful colors packaged side by side in each jumbo tin, you can achieve sheer, long-wearing and beautiful color every time. Professional make-up artists rave that Cargo's gloss is as good as it gets."

Well, that's quite a big claim for a lip gloss, even a jumbo-sized one. But after shelling out the $22 CAD to pick up the Cargo Lip Gloss Duo in Bora Bora, even I must admit that I can't stop admiring this gloss on my lips.

Both shades in Bora Bora complement my skin wonderfully, but it's not the colours that impress me (and with so many shade combos to choose from, I'm sure anyone can find something they like). It's the gloss itself. It's extremely lightweight, ultra-slick (no stickiness here!), delivers a powerful shine and a subtle hint of colour. After applying it, the gloss is so light that it actually feels like I'm not wearing any lip product at all.

My sister, who generally prefers glosses over lipsticks, was very skeptical when I mentioned the price. But after sneaking a bit of my Bora Bora, she's since been to Sephora to peruse the available shades for herself and has cursed me for introducing this product to her.

At $22 CAD, I know this isn't going to be a product I buy as often as I'd like to but it will definitely be a favourite indulgence whenever I can afford it!

image: sephora.com productreviewcargo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I definitely am very tempted to pick up Cargo's lipgloss. I think I will splurge when I run out of my current lip products (Clinique's lipbalm). So far the Clinique product has been great to me, but it is a bit heavy. One of the things I was really impressed by the Cargo was that it LOOKED like lipstick when applied. Whereas other lipbalms are obviously lipbalms. you know? I'm still curious about the amount you get for $22 (i.e. how deep the container is).

Thanks for introducing me to this product! (you're going to make me broke!)

Anonymous said...

Hello.

How did you pick a colour combination? Did you just pick it yourself? or did you get help from the salesgirls?

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Hi anonymous! I went to Sephora's site and narrowed down the colour choices, but when I went to the store, I chose something I hadn't initially considered. Sephora's great about having samples readily available so it was easy to choose the colours I liked. Since I knew the product I wanted and love choosing my own colours, I didn't ask for any help from the salespeople.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...