Friday, February 09, 2007

Cinnamon Kitten's Desert Island Beauty

Introducing a new (hopefully) recurring feature at Cinnamon Kitten - the Desert Island Beauty list! This is a list of the top 5 beauty products that you absolutely CANNOT live without if you were stuck on a desert island. Please note, this is different than a Top 5 List, which is a feature I'll hopefully also start soon (ie. Top 5 lipsticks, Top 5 foundations, etc).

Nickname: Cinnamon Kitten
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If I were stuck on a desert island, the 5 beauty products I must have with me are:
- Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm: Desert island means dry, chapped lips, so I must have my favourite lip balm - the ever popular Rosebud in yummy Strawberry. Not only a lip balm, the description states that it can also be used as a body moisturizer (gotta love double duty products!). Bonus: I can use the shiny tin to reflect sunlight in a makeshift signal beacon to passing planes.

- Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in Blue Grey: Ok, I'm only human, so even if I'm stuck on a desert island, I still want at least one makeup product with me, and being Asian with very sparse, short eyelashes, I cannot live without my eyeliner. I know, I know, no girl should be caught without a lipstick, but my lips are naturally a deep shade of pink so the lip blam will do. I need my eyes!!! Bonus: I can use the eyeliner to write a note to stick in a bottle and toss it out to sea....

- Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner: I LOVE this toner and have been using it for years. It's alcohol-free, so it doesn't dry out my skin, it's cool and refreshing (perfect for that hot, island sun), it removes makeup and "other impurities" from skin, it tones and it soothes dry skin - what more can I ask for?

- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15: I am stuck on a desert island, after all, and that means lots of sunshine. This moisturizer is quick-absorbing (so no sand grains will get stuck!), non-greasy and has a sunscreen. One word of warning - do NOT let this moisturizer get anywhere near your eyes - I accidentally got a little in there (usually I use eye cream) and it stings like hell!

- John Frieda Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo in Chestnut to Espresso: I have very thick, coarse hair but this shampoo makes it soft, shiny and easy to manage. It definitely lives up to its name, and I definitely want this on the island with me!

Well, that's my Desert Island Beauty List - now it's your turn! What products would you want to have with you as you waited for your rescue plane?

E-mail your lists to cinnamonkitten@gmail.com! Please include your name (or nickname) and where you're from so that I can give you credit. All complete lists will be posted within a week of me receiving them.

images: sephora.com, neutrogena.com, johnfrieda.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I might just die of bad skin on a dessert island as I find variety is key to helping my skin be happy. When my skin gets used to a product I find the product less effective. As a result, I find myself having a makeup bag full of at least 3 of every product! Lip balms, lip sticks, moisturizers, cleansers, etc.

Any experience with this phenomenom?

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

miumiu - I'm pretty lucky in that my skin is not very sensitive and products seem to do well, even after repeated use, but perhaps some of our other readers have had the same issues?

I have had similar experiences with hair care products though, and usually have to switch up my shampoos & conditioners every few weeks otherwise the product builds up on my hair and isn't very effective.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...